January 31, 2009

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!

Chinese New Year celebrations seem to go on forever! It's now the fifth day of the new year; and everyone seems to still be doing a friend/family hop about town.
I went for a quick breakfast hunt this morning with the dad from out of town. WOW.... Rumbai is PACKED! the food stalls were out full swing; dishing out their famous fare; most of them selling out within a couple of hours.Undeniably; everyone comes home to Pekanbaru for the food. We speak about lunch at breakfast; dinner at lunch..and discuss whats for supper at the dinner table! haha It's a funny habit us Indo-nesians have had.Its what I called the bad habit trained fr small
Whilst running groceries with my kakak on new years; I spotted a quaint little old time sweet tiny candy stalls and bakery in the city. It brought back many memories. :)

Business is just getting bad this new year. I hope this wouldnt last till the next couple of month I could rot to death. :(

No comments: